The Village's second historical marker was unveiled in October. The new marker, at the Central Avenue Garden at the intersection of Brookside Road, Indian Road, and Central Avenue, honors the Ottawa Hills Garden Club, the oldest community organization in the Village.
Side one of the marker reads: "Founded in 1932, The Ottawa Hills Garden Club is the oldest community organization in the Village. Steadfast in its mission to keep Ottawa Hills beautiful, the club has donated hundreds of plants and trees that have been planted on school grounds and in the public right of way throughout the village. Club members assist in the preservation and maintenance of the landscaping around the Village Municipal Building and the Central Avenue Garden."
Side two reads: "'Keep Ottawa Hills Beautiful - An all-member participation to stimulate interest in beautifying our homes and gardens, to further the preservation of our natural resources, and to protect our wildlife.' Over the years, the club has shared this mission with the community through donations and projects - Ottawa Hills Schools, Toledo Botanical Garden, Sunset House, Garden Club of Ohio Scholarship Fund, and Nature Conservancy of Ohio."
An initiative of the Ottawa Hills Foundation, the first Village Historical Marker was installed in June 2015 at Arrowhead Point to commemorate the centennial of the founding of Ottawa Hills.